So, as I sit here in the Atlanta Airport, I’m beginning to think of things that I’m going to miss about the United Kingdom and Europe in general.
1. The Schengen Agreement — After the process of having to pick up my baggage and re-check 50 feet away in the International Terminal, I must say that I love the Schengen Agreement. I went to 3 different countries without ever showing a passport.
2. The London Underground — I could get anywhere in London by walking two blocks to my Tube Stop, and I never had to worry about parking or gas… just that I had my Oyster Card.
4. Tesco & Waitrose –The ability to walk to two different grocery stores to get pretty much anything I needed was great. You could just decide to walk a block if you wanted a Cider or a candy bar or a loaf of bread.
5. Cider — no explanation needed.
6. Samuel Smith Pubs — A place to socialize with friends, inexpensive.
7. £1 coins — They feel like they way an actual pound. Awesome to use instead of bills.
Things that I will not miss:
2. Manson Place
3. No trash cans
I really want the Seiko SKX007 watch.
It looks like an Omega.
Here’s some reviews:
Though, the blue & red SKX009 is cheaper… and I have more blue & red clothing than black.
This is the Omega Seamaster…
I finally found an affordable Ravenclaw Robe!
Check out HalloweenCostumes.com!
Wallets I like:
Rugby Folding Cardholder ($35): http://www.rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?productId=4252424&categoryId=3896856&cp=3138868
Rugby Skull & Bones Grad Wallet ($65): http://www.rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?productId=4360841&categoryId=3896856&cp=3138868
J. Crew “Factory” Inside-Out Wallet ($13.50): http://www.jcrew.com/mens_factory_category/socksandaccessories/PRDOVR~19297/99102124093/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~205+16+4294966722~15~~~~~~~/19297.jsp
…and he probably had 14 people in his office longing for the days when stoning was acceptable…
Sounds a lot like our modern church?
- The song “The Lord of the Dance”
I’ll think about these things later.